The history of foreign missions in the Brethren Church began with the organization of the Foreign Missionary Society at Winona Lake, Indiana, on September 4, 1900. The minutes recording the steps which led up to this organization clearly state that the charter members were acting in the leading of the Holy Spirit. The same blessed Holy Spirit who directed the church at Antioch to send forth the first century missionaries (Acts 13:1-3), led this group of fifty-three pastors and laymen to effect a society through which missionaries could be sent forth to unreached areas of the world in this twentieth century. In 1917 North Central Africa was approved as a mission field and the pioneer party sailed early in 1918. The history of the Mission Oubangui-Chari, as recounted by Dr. Jobson, constitutes a missionary document of deep interest and lasting value, not only to members of Brethren churches, but also to all those who pray and labor to win for the Lamb the reward for His sufferings. It demonstrates what God is able to do in saving the lost and also in fitting them for a place among “them which are sanctified by faith” in the Lord of the harvest.